Software not on 3b1

Dave Hanna dave at dms3b1.UUCP
Thu Apr 14 08:30:55 AEST 1988

I recently acquired a 3b1 after 3 years of working with UniSoft
implementations and ULTRIX, and I find I miss some of the tools
that I had gotten used to.

1. ctags - it's ironic that vi supports use of tags, but the
system doesn't give you a tool for creating a tags file.

2. strings - not terribly critical, and it certainly wouldn't be
hard to write, but it is rather convenient.

3. calendar - I've become dependent on those reminder messages.

Does anyone know if there are public domain versions of any of
these (or other missing tools) available, and if so where to get them?
--
Dave Hanna,  Daltech MicroSystems    |  "Do or do not -- There is no try"
P.O. Box 584, Bedford, TX 76095      |                        - Yoda