mailx for an ATT 3B1

wtr at moss.ATT.COM wtr at moss.ATT.COM
Sat Apr 9 00:14:02 AEST 1988

In article <23808 at clyde.ATT.COM>, rcj at moss.ATT.COM writes:
> In article <589 at eplrx7.UUCP> lad at eplrx7.UUCP (Lawrence A. Dziegielewski) writes:
> }I'm searching for an alternate mailer for my 3B1,
> }was a program called mailx available somewhere.
> }Would anyone who has mailx
> }please contact me or mail me a copy?
>
> Sorry, it is proprietary software of AT&T.  I'm sorry you can't get it,
> but I also must hope noone from AT&T was stupid enough to send it to you.

curtis,

Is mailx "proprietary" or just not Public Domain?  A full working
copy was included in my Mircoport Unix release, so I dont think
there is any problem with outside licensing of this product.

In any case it is definitely NOT Public Domain.  There are some
good PD mailers out there, just look around.

Bill Rankin
Bell Labs, Whippany NJ
(201) 386-4154 (cornet 232)

email address:		...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!moss!wtr
			...![ ihnp4 cbosgd akgua watmath  ]!clyde!wtr