Bouncey-Bouncey

Gil Kloepfer Jr. gil at limbic.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 11:40:19 AEST 1988

In article <593 at proxftl.UUCP> aaron at proxftl.UUCP (Aaron Zimmerman) writes:
|>My 3b1's monitor (you know, that ugly GreenScreen...) has a sore case of the
|>bounceys. Sometimes it will decide to sort of vibrate up and down.

This happened to me with a DEC VT220 Video Terminal several times.  What
happens is that (for some reason) the horizontal hold potientiometer inside
the unit got flaky from being in the same position for a long period of
time (add humidity and temperature variations).  A really silly fix that
worked was to shut the unit off and to work the pot back and fourth a couple
of times with a screwdriver, putting the control back to its original position
when finished.

After performing this feat, you should readjust the pot (with the power
on :-{) so that the screen is pleasing to the eye and doesn't produce any
annoying high-pitched squeeks.

I'm going to cross-post this one to sci.electronics to see if someone in
electronic-land has a more permanent solution.

| Gil Kloepfer, Jr.                  | Net-Address:                           |
| ICUS Software Systems              | {boulder,talcott}!icus!limbic!gil      |
| P.O. Box 1                         | Voice-net: (516) 968-6860              |
| Islip Terrace, New York  11752     | Othernet: gil at limbic.UUCP              |