Help with ATT 386 UNIX

mark hilliard mark at gizzmo.UUCP
Mon Aug 29 01:39:03 AEST 1988

In article <145 at carpet.WLK.COM> bill at carpet.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>I have been a frequent promoter of AT&T's 386 UNIX and a vociferous
>criticizer of Microport's System V/386.  I have been asked (that's
>why this is so widely cross posted) several times whether or not the
>AT&T product will run on a '386 AT clone, where to get it, how much
>it costs.

Yes, but will it run on the clones? I have a Compact 386/20 that I have
been trying to load it on for a solid week, and it always fails at the
end of the installation.  I get a ton of HD errors and the system dies.
It can not be re-booted. Any ideas?

Mark Hilliard                            {ethos,fthood,u1100a}-----\
   N2HHR                                rutgers!rochester!kodak!pcid!gizzmo!mark
                                                                \-->gizzmo!mark