AT&T EGA 750 display adapter info wanted

The Wumpus aptr at ur-tut
Sat Aug 6 05:26:45 AEST 1988

In article <2307 at mtuxo.att.com> mcripps at mtuxo.att.com (XMP12-M.CRIPPS) writes:
>... Lastly, the VDC750, while fairly
>vanilla by industry standards, does do a 640x400 16-color enhanced EGA
>mode (if you can find software to support it).  Note that this mode is not
>DEB compatible.

Actually getting software to support the 640x400 mode is not really
that difficult it you don't mind a doing patches. (Me, I don't mind,
but I also like FORTH.)  Anyways, I have already patched several
programs to makje use of the 640x400 16 color display.  Usually, the
only real changes that need to be made are to locations that store
screen size and the mode number.  If the program supports the Paradise
AutoSwitch EGA Extended EGA mode (640x480 16 color), the patch is very
simple.  The VDC750 is just a modified Paradise that has AT&T 640x400
Mono instead of Hercules and 640x400 EGA instead od 640x480.

Some of the programs I have thus far patched to run 640x400 16 color
mode are:
	Publisher's Paintbrush
	Orcad Schematic Capture (circuit design)
	Prodesign 2.0	(CAD)
I am pretty sure I got some others to work, but I can't think what
they were right now.

If there is any interest I am willing to tell people how to make the
patches to the programs I have patched (I beleive copyright laws may
prohibit the distribution of the drivers, and possibly the patching of
them.)  I am also willing to describe what to look for and how to
change it in other programs.

---
John Werner
    aka
The Wumpus        UUCP:   {cmcl2!decvax}!rochester!ur-tut!aptr
                  BITNET: aptrccss at uorvm
		  Internet: aptr at tut.cc.rochester.edu
Disclaimer: "Who? When? Me? It was the Booze!"  - M. Binkley
		  Internet: aptr at tut.cc.rochester.edu
Disclaimer: "Who? When? Me? It was the Booze!"  - M. Binkley