Strange problem with the window icon on 7300

David Herron -- One of the vertebrae david at ms.uky.edu
Wed Dec 7 02:57:10 AEST 1988

In article <5438 at cbmvax.UUCP> ditto at cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) writes:
>In article <10654 at s.ms.uky.edu> david at ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) writes:
>>What happens is that /etc/wmgr core-dumps when run.
>
>This will happen if you have a file in /dev with a name longer than 13
>characters.  I hope this is your problem.

Yeah!  That's it.

Sometime during when I'd been fiddling around trying to set my
trailblazer up so that it would work with the phone manager, a
/dev/trailblaze9600 file was made.  And removing that let wmgr
work perfectly.

Lenny sent me a suggestion that my /dev/{window,syscon,systty,w[1-12]}
device files might have been wrong.  The only wrongness I saw there was
that syscon was linked to w2 instead of to window as the list of
files he sent me implied.  But changing that didn't change anything.
--
<-- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david at ms.uky.edu>
<-- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET