Strange problem with the window icon on 7300

Michael "Ford" Ditto ditto at cbmvax.UUCP
Tue Dec 6 09:18:56 AEST 1988

In article <10654 at s.ms.uky.edu> david at ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) writes:

>What happens is that /etc/wmgr core-dumps when run.

This will happen if you have a file in /dev with a name longer than 13
characters.  I hope this is your problem.

(I figured that out from a core file someone mailed me when the problem
appeard on her system!)

Perhaps someone who is still under warranty coverage should report
the problem to AT&T (and tell them how to fix it -- use strncpy
instead of strcpy!) ... or will AT&T listen if someone without a
current support agreement calls up with a bug report?
--
					-=] Ford [=-

"The number of Unix installations	(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
has grown to 10, with more expected."	ford at kenobi.cts.com
- The Unix Programmer's Manual,		...!sdcsvax!crash!elgar!ford
  2nd Edition, June, 1972.		ditto at cbmvax.commodore.com