Adding 70M disks to 3b2

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Thu Dec 15 15:05:54 AEST 1988

In article <11042 at netsys.COM> len at netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:
>Practically ANY ST506/412 drive can be used in the 3B2/3XX/400 .. With
>minimal work too,I might add.

I tried to connect a Seagate 4096 as a second drive on a 400, but when I
gave the parameters to idtools I got an error message like "cannot
re-int controller with new values".  There is "drive type" number that
is required, and the manual only lists values for the drives sold by
AT&T (but I tried several values with the same result.  The same drive
formatted normally on a PC, so I assume it is OK.  Should this drive work
on the 3B2s?

Les Mikesell