Adding 70M disks to 3b2

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Thu Dec 22 01:25:22 AEST 1988

In article <6997 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, elias at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Doug Elias) writes:
> i'm trying to put a 72M micropolis on my 3b2 in place of
> the 30M original disk; all my attempts lead to "DISK SANITY
> ERROR", and the ATT service person thinks it may be the cabling...
>
> And howsabout hanging another 72M off the expansion-interface?
> Anybody done that who'd care to explain how?

I'm surprised that the others weren't more helpful on this.
Adding ST-506 disks is easy -- just use the `idtools' disk
available in the 3B2 Computer Maintenance Reference Manual,
select code 305-395.

This is a large book with all kinds of info on part numbers,
switch settings, etc., plus the idtools diskette.  It will
format hard and floppy disks, do disk-to-disk copying, bad
block mapping, surface verifications, and all those other
low-level things you've always wanted to do.  This thing costs
around $50, and *everybody* should have this.

Order from (form letter to follow):

-------8<------ standard CIC info ------>8-----

AT&T Customer Information Center
2855 North Franklin Road
Indianapolis, IN  46219-1999

+1 800 432 6600 U.S.A.
+1 800 255 1242 Canada
+1 317 352 8556 Other
+1 317 352 8484 FAX

Hours: 0730 - 1830 EST (GMT+5)
Terms: check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, Amax
       Company purchase order OAC + (order > $50)

Call for free `AT&T Documentation Guide',
select code 000-011.

-------8<------ standard CIC info ------>8-----

     Steve

Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.                                 attmail!vsi!friedl
Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
Nancy Reagan on my new '89 Mustang GT Convertible: "Just say WOW!"