Upgrade to 512k memory board upgrade; HwNote06.01

pri=-20 Steve Paddock paddock at mybest6.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 11:32:26 AEST 1988

In article <8178 at ihlpl.ATT.COM= reza0 at ihlpl.ATT.COM (H. Reza Zarafshar) writes:
=In article <11041 at netsys.COM>, len at netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:
=> This news group is for 3B2,3B5,3B15,and 3B 4000 machines..
=> Please keep your 3B1/Unix PC postings on the appropriate
=> newsgroups.
=
=Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=This newsgroup as the name very clearly states is for all AT&T computers
=and 3b1 as you are well aware is an AT&T product that is discontinued but
=nevertheless it is an AT&T computer and people have every right to
=be talking about it here.  I strongly recommend that you type "n" after
=the subject matter does not conform to your desires!!!

I disagree.  I usually try to help in this matter with e-mail, but will
post for the record.  The u3b groups were formed, as I recall, out of
the 3b2 mailing list.  The distribution is non-backbone so no vote was
taken.

The primary purpose of both the 3b2 mailing list and this series of groups
was to avoid the use of the n key on unix-pc and 6300 items.  I wouldn't post
3b2/5/15/4000 items to the unix-pc distribution unless the item had
true broad applicability, given the vast differences between the 7300/3b1
and the 3b2/5/15/4000 machines.  I ask you to observe the same guideline.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve Paddock  uunet!bigtex!mybest!paddock; paddock at mybest.cactus.org
               ut-emx!mybest!paddock