Bigger monitor on the 3B1

Richard Foulk richard at islenet.UUCP
Sun Jan 31 15:05:16 AEST 1988

> 	Has anyone heard of anyone replacing the little monitor on the 3B1
> 	with a larger one ?
>
> 	I'd like to put a 19" monochrome monitor on my 3B1, 24 lines and
> 	80 columns is OK but 3/16" characters are tough one the eyes.

I was looking into this before.  I haven't done anything about it
yet, but when I looked at things with a scope it looked like a good
quality ibm-pc compatible type monitor would probably work -- though
the bandwidth needs to be at least 22 Mhz.

When I was asking for info about this before Ken Brassler was kind
enough to post the pinout for the connector inside the base of the
machine:

	Pin(s)		Function

	 1		video vertical synch
	 2,4,6,8,10	ground
	 3		video horizontal synch
	 5		video out
	 7,9		+12v

I think this is from AT&T's over-priced hardware manual.

--
Richard Foulk		...{vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii