UNIXPC Gnu Emacs (was: HDB, gnuemacs, & GL)

Brant Cheikes brant at manta.UUCP
Wed Jan 27 03:45:45 AEST 1988

In article <2272 at gryphon.CTS.COM> jimmy at denwa.UUCP (Jim Gottlieb) writes:
[...]
>was anyone able to get
>gnuemacs compiled as a demand-paged executable?  Brant posted some
>mod's (back in October) to the m-7300.h file to make this happen,
>but they caused a "Memory Fault--Core Dumped."  Anything more recent I
>don't know about?

The mods work fine.  I've heard of the problem you describe occurring
when people first build Emacs the "old" way (a magic 407 "yuck"
image), then apply the mods to m-7300.h and simply re-make.  The
Makefile doesn't capture all the dependencies correctly--you have to
rm all the .o files and re-make from scratch.  If you still have
problems, contact me directly.
--
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania