UNIX pc fan 27CFM vs. 34CFM and 12VDC vs. 120VAC?

Greg Comeau greg at csanta.UUCP
Sat Jul 9 03:16:21 AEST 1988

>... He said he had seen several 3b1's with the top of the case (to
>the right side of the monitor) melted down into the power supply.

Mine did this once: after replacing a hard disk, the AT&T tech forgot
to plug the fan back in.  Luckily, I caught it before it was too late.

>>  NMI (parity error) at 0x2FFAC8 (*hpte: 0xE17B) Wed Jun 22 15:00:07 1988

Lenny, one more question about this:
You say a program gets a memory dump and then does the system crash?
Is it always the same program (or a version of it) that does this?
I know I was able to crash my UNIX PC on demand back at the 3.0 level
with some sick pointer stuff.  I doubt it, but perhaps this is related.