Problems with mail

Charles A Anderson caa at midgard.UUCP
Sat Jul 30 04:01:38 AEST 1988

A while ago I was having a problem with mail, I was getting a message saying
that rmail caa was succesfull (typical status message ya know.) sent about
every 2 seconds.  I had no idea what was going on, and in the process of
trying to get this to stop I deleted my /usr/spool/uucp/midgard directory
contents, (I'm running HDB) and this made it slow down to about once an hour
and it eventually stopped, however now I'm getting this message from uustat -q

midgard                   07/22-12:33 ASSERT ERROR CAN'T WRITE D.midga2cbda28 (uux)

Can anyone help me.  (I checked permissions in the uucp directories, thay are
correct (I think, everyone is group mail owned by uucp except for the lock
files.)