Where is 'The STORE'?

Chris Calabrese[rs] cjc at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com
Sat Jul 30 01:16:19 AEST 1988

In article <4597 at fluke.COM>, vince at fluke.UUCP writes:
<> There was a shar'd "installable" file called "CATALOG+IN" posted to the
<> net over a year ago which is required to interface with THE STORE!  The
<> catalog provides descriptions of the available software and has a
<> really slick "order" menu which allows you to select packages you want,
<> tells you how big they are, let's you deselect them if you decide
<> against it, and generates the necessary uucp commands to perform the
<> magic.

<> PS. I haven't called up THE STORE! for at least a couple of months now.  I
<> hope that it is still in operation and that all of this isn't wasted effort.

Yes, THE STORE! is still in operation.  The latest catalog is from
August '87, so don't sweat if you haven't called lately.

I have been considering posting CATALOG+IN, but since it is in cpio format,
I would have to play around with scripts to get to work in a shared
version and then generate itself so that mailers don't barf.
--
	Christopher J. Calabrese
	AT&T Bell Laboratories