need help for 2-way modem

Kris Kugel kak at stc-auts.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 08:45:05 AEST 1988

Well, I've heard how to talk two-way through the modem
(turns out to already have been taken care of):
	(Thanks: uunet!spike!rdp (Richard Palmer))
But I still have not been able to talk to the hardwire link
to the Sun.
$ cu -l tty000 -s 9600
	returns:
Connect failed: Requested device not available

the L-devices file looks like:
#sccs	"@(#)uucp:L-devices	1.1"
#     There are four fields in each entry:
#	1. ACU/DIR : ACU if this is an autodial device, DIR if not
#	2. device  : the /dev special file the physical device is connected to
# 	3. 0/MODEMNAME : = zero for DIR lines, otherwise the keyword MODEMNAME
#	4. SPEED   : speed of device (e.g. 300, 1200, 9600)
#
OBM ph0 UNIXPC 1200
DIR tty000 0 9600
ACU tty002 telebit 9600
ACU tty002 trail9 9600f
ACU tty002 trail2 2400
ACU tty002 trail1 1200
DIR tty002 0 9600

So, I can talk bi-directionally to a modem, but I can't
get the hardwire line bi-directional.   Any suggestions?
Does anybody know how to get around this?
	Kris A. Kugel
	Storage Tek: { uunet!nbires ncar decvax }!stcvax!stc-auts!kak
			maybe: uunet!stc-auts!kak