ST251-1 on 7300

Marcus Gates marc at aplpy.jhuapl.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:24:56 AEST 1988

   A recent edition of BYTE magazine reviewed hard disks - one of which was
the Seagate ST251-1 (40Mb, 28ms) half-height drive which could be easily
dropped into my 7300.  The article listed the price as $370 but didn't say
where to go to get that price.  All of the adds in the magazine listed prices
of $470 or more.  Has anyone out there found this disk anywhere for a price
near $370?  I have seen the ST251 for the lower price but that is slower and
the article did specifically name the ST251-1.   Help!!, my 20Mb disk is
nearly full and I could really use the extra space.
				marc gates
				johns hopkins applied physics lab, laurel, md
				UUCP: ...bpa!cp1!aplcen!aplvax!marc
				Internet: marc at aplpy.jhuapl.edu