ATT 3B2/400

paul wolmering paul at uniblab.UUCP
Sun Jul 10 00:46:45 AEST 1988

hello,
	we've had our 3b2 for almost 2.5 years, it's configured with
2 72M HD, 3 150M HD, 2M ram and asorted modems for telecom. all we
use the machine for is a online database storage and all our printers
are hanging off of it. all the other xenix machines in the office tie
into the 3b2 for printing and getting info.

	question: when i come in on monday to read news/mail, three of
the six filesystems are gone, completly. Why????

	this has happened three times as of today. i have had diags run
on all parts of the machine including power and it all came up clean.
we've had all the internals replaced twice and all our harddisks replaced
atleast twice.
	the filesystem problem is just the tip of the iceburg. our past
problems are quite long. i would like to know if there are any other people
out there with 3b2's that have had as many problems with thier machines
and how they got around them.

			thanks for your time.
			paul wolmering

p.s. - for the people at ATT, if you don't believe all the hardware
       problems we've had. give me a call and i'll give you my SN
       and you can check out our trouble callin record.