ATT 3B2/400 [question on filesystems disappearing]

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Mon Jul 11 15:55:59 AEST 1988

In article <403 at uniblab.UUCP> paul at uniblab.UUCP (paul wolmering) writes:
|>hello,
|>	we've had our 3b2 for almost 2.5 years, it's configured with
|>2 72M HD, 3 150M HD, 2M ram and asorted modems for telecom. all we
|>use the machine for is a online database storage and all our printers
|>are hanging off of it. all the other xenix machines in the office tie
|>into the 3b2 for printing and getting info.
|>
|>	question: when i come in on monday to read news/mail, three of
|>the six filesystems are gone, completly. Why????

Hmmm, it sounds like the system crashed (possibly power failure) and then
someone brought it up.  Maybe the filesystems weren't mounted?  Did you
add your filesystems to /etc/fstab so they are mounted when the
system is booted.  When you say the six filesystems are gone, do you
mean the data too?

-Lenny

--
Paper-net: Lenny Tropiano          | @-net:         lenny at icus.UUCP
           ICUS Software Systems   | !-net:      ...att    \