Wanted: 80386 for AT&T 6300 (Olivetti M24)

Nathaniel L. Beck ir1 at sdcc6.ucsd.EDU
Sat Jul 23 06:31:59 AEST 1988

Applied Reasoning (Cambridge MA, 86(?) Sherman St.) makes a 386
board that
works in a 6300. (I have two.) It works quite well, and is one of
few (perhaps the only) 386 to work with the ATT - it uses a slot
but doesn't
need to plug into the 8088 socket.

That is the good news.

The bad news is that the board was 2K a year ago (and I think that
was with a university discount of 20%.)

The worse news is that as of my last conversation with them, there
wasn't
going to be any UN*X that would work on their board in a 6300. But
maybe that has changed.

In any event, they are quite easy to talk with. I always ask for
Howard Marshall at AR, who seems to be able to answer all question.

Good luck

Neal Beck
Dept. of Pol. Sci.

email: beck at ucsd.edu