GNU C (and TeX)

Brant Cheikes brant at manta.UUCP
Sun Jul 3 07:32:47 AEST 1988

In article <6053 at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> randy at umn-cs.UUCP (Randy Orrison) writes:
>I will repeat my offer of making TeX available via anonymous FTP [...]
>I'd like to be able to make the following available:
>	TeX binaries
>	TeX sources
[...]
>If you have these, and can get them to me, let me know!

I'll repeat an earlier message re TeX for the 3b1.  There's a package
called "web2c" available by anonymous FTP from ics.uci.edu, in the pub
area.  Web2c provides the capability to take the TeX WEB language
source code, translate it into C, which then compiles without incident
on a 3b1 using the stock compiler.  The TeX WEB code is also sitting
there on ics.uci.edu.  Using web2c, you can build TeX, LaTeX, BibTeX,
Metafont.  The only thing you don't have is the dvi previewer and the
dvi drivers that Ed Hepler (elh at vu-vlsi) distributes.
--
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania