GNU C (and TeX)

Randy Orrison randy at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Fri Jul 1 00:54:42 AEST 1988

In article <2008 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> richard at uhccux.UUCP (Richard Foulk) writes:
|}    After hearing all this talk about the Gcc compiler, I have still not seen
|}    it available anywhere on the Net.  Would someone be kind enough to post it
|}    to this newsgroup (unix-pc)?
|}
|} No.  GCC is huge.  The compressed distribution tar file is 1.7Mb long.
|} You can get it from a number of places, though.  [...]
|
|If the binaries aren't too large perhaps it would be a good idea for
|someone to post them.  I'm sure there are a number of people who simply
|don't have sufficient space to build it themselves.
|
|Richard

I will repeat my offer of making TeX available via anonymous FTP, and I'll
add GCC to it.  If...  someone can get them to me.  (Or tell me where I
can get them cheaply).  I'd like to be able to make the following available:
	TeX binaries
	TeX sources
	gcc binaries
	gcc sources

I probably could also make them available via mail for those without ftp
access, though that is just a maybe.

If you have these, and can get them to me, let me know!

	-randy

--
Randy Orrison, Control Data, Arden Hills, MN
randy at ux.acss.umn.edu	{bungia, uunet!hi-csc, rutgers, sun}!umn-cs!randy