Two questions

Jeff De Vries jdevries at zodiac.ads.com
Tue Jul 26 06:03:06 AEST 1988

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone might know the answer to:

1) If you put a printer on the serial port, does the 7300 use hardware
or software flow control.  I am running 3.51.  If it uses hardware flow
control, which line is it expecting the info on? (DSR, DCD, CTS ???)

2) I brought up GNU Emacs 18.51 on the 7300 using TERMCAP, but I can't
seem to get it to load using TERMINFO.  I have TERMINFO installed on the
7300.  Loader complains about not finding several of the routines in
curses, i.e. tparm etc.  I am using -lcurses, as per the 7300 manual on
TERMINFO.  If I try to specify both -lcurses -ltermcap I get errors about
PC being multiply defined with different sizes.  What am I not doing right?

Thanks!
Jeff De Vries
jdevries at ads.com (ARPA)
/* usual disclaimer */