3b1 battery

PB Schechter tien at speedy.cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 26 05:33:10 AEST 1988

My 3b1's battery stopped keeping time over power-downs, so I have decided
that it needs replacing.  I opened the box and found the battery and, to
my dismay, it is soldered in place.  I'd rather not solder a new one in
place; has anyone solved this problem before me?  What I'd like to do is
cut the leads, solder them to a battery holder, and snap a new battery
in place.  Is it possible?  Does anyone have advice concerning sizes, or
model numbers, for parts?  I remember a discussion of this topic about
6 or 8 months ago, but didn't save it.

Thanks; please e-mail replies, unless you think this is of general
interest.

PB Schechter
pb at cs.wisc.edu