Status report on 3B1 Networking Problems

jnelson at tle.dec.com jnelson at tle.dec.com
Sun Jul 24 15:06:00 AEST 1988

About a month ago, I posted a request for help in getting my university's 3B1
computers successfully networked together.  In the posting, I reported problems
with the 3B1's ranging from panics, crashes, and hardware failures. This is a
status report that I promised I'd send to the newsgroup.

Although the problems remain unresolved, I am happy to report that some people
within AT&T noticed my original posting, and have pledged to make the 3B1's
work as advertized.

I'd like to thank all who replied to my message; you were most helpful.

Jeff E. Nelson
Digital Equipment Corporation
INTERNET:  jnelson%tle.dec at decwrl.dec.com

Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
INTERNET:  jen at vtcs1.cs.vt.edu
BITNET:    jen at vtcs1.bitnet

Affiliations given for identification purposes only.  Opinions expressed
herein do not necessarily reflect opinions held by Digital Equipment
Corporation nor Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.