6386 WGS - What does the suffix 'WGS' mean?

Dean Riddlebarger rdr at killer.UUCP
Thu Jul 14 23:53:24 AEST 1988

In article <25057 at ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, brand at janus.uucp (Graham Brand) writes:
> I have seen the suffix WGS appended to both the 6386 and the older
> 6300 machines. Is it an acronym for something and, if so, what?
>
> Cheers,
> -Graham Brand

The nice little Getting Started manual that came with mine says that
I own a 6386 Work Group System Processor.  I understand that we've
also used the WGS name for new releases of older hardware [e.g. the
new flavor 6300 WGS etc.].

Dean Riddlebarger
AT&T Service Node Engineering
[312] 592-5760
uucp: ihnp4! [or reasonable facsimile] crfax!crnsnwbt!rdr

Typical disclaimer to ward off angry marketroids......