Questions on SCSI device interfacing...

Brian Moffet brianm at sco.COM
Tue Jul 26 02:23:50 AEST 1988

In article <704 at hodge.UUCP> rusty at hodge.UUCP (Rusty Hodge) writes:

>A raw SCSI drive usually has a 50-pin header connection.  The standard SCSI
>connection is a 50-pin Centronics.  The Macintosh folks use a DB-25.  Don't

Simplest reason is the SCSI has about 1/2 of its lines as ground.
This allows them to be strung out great distances from the machine.
With the Mac Interface (Most Amiga drives also) you have to keep the
drive really close to the computer.
--
Brian Moffet		brianm at sco.com  {uunet,decvax!microsof}!sco!brianm
The opinions expressed are not quite clear and have no relation to my employer.