Unixpc DWB and UA stuff

Dave Klann davek at heurikon.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 05:47:26 AEST 1988

In article <216 at elgar.UUCP> ford at elgar.UUCP (Mike "Ford" Ditto) writes:
>Trivia:  the write(1) command sends messages to a user logged in on the
>console by *WRITING* to /dev/error and letting smgr put the pop-up
>window on the screen.  Somebody at CT was on drugs when they came up
>with *that* idea.
>
>					-=] Ford [=-

No Kidding!!!  I almost died when I first discovered that one!  I
thought about writing my own "windowed" version of write(1), but got
sidetracked (as usual).  But wait... there's hope!  Last week I brought
up Jack Bonn's "phone" program.  It works great.  Just what I was
looking for.  It was posted to comp.sources.misc.  If anyone missed it,
and wants it let me know...

Here's the Archive info:

Posting-number: Volume 3, Issue 86
Submitted-by: "Jack Bonn" <jack at swlabs.UUCP>
Archive-name: sys5-phone

David Klann
...uwvax!heurikon!davek (at work)
...uwvax!heurikon!grunch!dklann (at home)