7300 software

Bradley Smith bes at holin.ATT.COM
Wed Jul 20 06:45:50 AEST 1988

In article <5333 at ihlpf.ATT.COM>, gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) writes:

> Pardon my ignorance, but what's the "MiniFrame"?  Another
> Convergent machine?  How does it compare to the 3B1, and is
> it still supported?
The Mini-Frame is a 68010 computer made by Convergent. It is nolonger
made or supported.  Convergent gave away some to universities.  It is
basically the same machine, in that software for one will run on the
other provided you stay away from shared libraries, and graphics/windowing.

It also has the old 7char limit on names but is demand page.  To me it
looked like the UNIX 3.0 on the UNIXPC.  You could also have TCP/IP, but
the sockets didn't always work right and the select(2) didn't work.

It is about the same performance wise as the 3B1 (if the have the same disks).
--
Bradley Smith				att!holin!bes
AT&T DSG Holmdel, NJ			HO 2L-227