Unixpc DWB and UA stuff

Rusty Hodge rusty at hodge.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 07:31:41 AEST 1988

If you are gonna nuke the UA, like I have so proudly done, remember to keep
/usr/lib/ua/phipd (or is it phupd?  I can't remember).  It is a support file
for the phone manager (If you want to still use that.)  In fact, I think even
phclr blows up if it can't find that.

A lot of the User Agent scripts can be easily modified to be useful in a non-UA environment.  The easiest thing to do is replace the 'mesg' command, which
puts a window up and then echos that, then says touch enter to continue or
something like that, with 'echo'.  It has ben so long ago, I forget the details.

Also, you can kill off the smgr and just use 'cron' instead.  I do.  Smgr wants
to create all these annoying directories (so does ph).  I don't want those
annoying directories.  I don't even use the window manager.  It is not that
the window manager is evil (I think it is the only decent part of the UA stuff)
but rather that it was one of the first things to go when I started UA-related
stuff. :->

--

Rusty Hodge, HCR Inc, 1588 N. Batavia St. Orange, CA 92667      (714) 974-6300
rusty at hodge.cts.com [uunet vdelta crash]!hodge!rusty        FAX (714) 921-8038