Still problems with my line printer

Tom Tkacik tkacik at rphroy.UUCP
Tue Jul 19 22:58:08 AEST 1988

Earlier I posted about a problem with my line printer spooler.
Well there is still a problem, but I think I have narrowed it down a little.
The problem is that the line printer scheduler is not running, and nothing
I do seems to get it to work.

I have recently discovered that one of the files in /usr/spool/lp, namely
/usr/spool/lp/FIFO was missing.  This is not a normal file but a named pipe.
After learning that the mknod command is used to regenerate it, I tried again.
Each time I remake /usr/spool/lp/FIFO, and then run lpsched, the FIFO
disappears, and the scheduler still won't run.  I have tried various permissions
and ownerships, but nothing seems to work.

Any new suggestions.

Thanks
Tom Tkacik
    ...!edsews!rphroy!tkacik

PS. Thanks to those how helped in the first round.
    I hope there is no need for a third.