Info about the AT&T 620 terminal

Ronald O. Christian ronc at cerebus.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 11:25:50 AEST 1988

In article <28765 at pyramid.pyramid.com> csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>[...] Yes, it does 132 column mode in a peculariar way. (May I see a show
>of hands of people who use 132 column mode on *anything?*)

I'm waving my hand here.  (Don't you see? :-)  I run vi in 132 column
mode when I'm editing wide files.  (Our L.sys file for instance.)  After
a day in 132 mode, 80 column mode looks really strange.  It seems like
a terminal that scrolls sideways wouldn't be much more useful than the
standard 80 column mode with wraparound.

				Ron
--

      Ronald O. Christian (Fujitsu America Inc., San Jose, Calif.)
      {amdahl, pyramid, sun, unisoft, uunet}!cerebus!ronc

      Calling all Fujitsu Usenet sites!  Contact cerebus!ronc or
      ronc at fai.com to establish uucp connection.