Info about the AT&T 620 terminal

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sun Jun 26 16:35:17 AEST 1988

In article <8161 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> I think Carl is right -- if AT&T knew how to push layers, these terminals
> could be rather successful.  I don't know what I would do without one
> (and I don't want to find out, at least not until something like Plan 9
> is ready to take its place).

Responding to both Doug and Carl: I've seen layers run on the 615 and
the 620, and it is really neat to see.  It has been our experience,
however, that the 3B2/400 just doesn't have the processor horsepower
to make it work well.  Interactive work in layers on the 615 is so sluggish
that we use a pair of terminals rather than run layers -- it's that bad.
Has anybody had other experiences with this?

--
Steve Friedl     V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442     3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

Nancy Reagan on the Free Software Foundation : "Just say GNU"