AT&T vs. CSS (PC/Tools)

Irwin kai at ihlpa.ATT.COM
Sat Jun 25 10:47:31 AEST 1988

In article <142 at wash08.UUCP>, txr98 at wash08.UUCP (Timothy Reed) writes:
> A friend at ATT told me last year that ATT owned more than afew copies
> of the MKS toolkit on DOS PCs at most of their sites in Jersey.  If MKS
> didn't license unix from ATT, would that be considered tacit approval?
>
> Timothy Reed
> ...uunet!wash08!txr98

Hardly, AT&T Bell Labs, Indian Hill facility (6000+ employees) has (had?) a
PC/VI site license from CSS.  Some how I don't think that it really matters
if a company uses a product or not, I mean look at Microsoft and Apple, I'm
sure Microsoft owns more than a few copies of the etch-a-sketch emulator or
what ever it is they call the Mac/Lisa operating system.  Although I s'pose
that's backwards though, hmmm.

Ken A. Irwin
AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville
IH 3D206