PRICES SOAR!

Earl H. Kinmonth ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 17 01:57:52 AEST 1988

In article <745 at lakesys.UUCP> steven at lakesys.UUCP (Steven Goodman) writes:

>	So apparently AT&T has desided that Universities are no longer
>	important to them (by the way this is Marquette University - Milwaukee

>	we are a good source of information for such data.  This new
>	"attitude" AT&T has will certainly change my opinion - and my
>	advice to such businesses.  Quite honestly, I am giving up on
>	AT&T.  They are definately making efforts to make them the wrong
>	choice for us.
>
>		Anyone else find this pattern taking place?  Does AT&T
>	seem less responsive to your needs?  With all the machines we

I'm not sure ATT ever had any special feelings of goodwill to
universities in general.  It is more probable that the role of
UNIX in the university environment was largely a corporate
oversight encouraged by anti-trust considerations.

SCO (Xenix) is starting to show a friendlier attitude toward
universities.  I've both been told this by people who can set
policy in the company and have seen impressive evidence of it.
You might look at SCO where Xenix can sub for UNIX.

E H. Kinmonth Hist. Dept.  Univ. of Ca., Davis Davis, Ca. 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Disclaimer:  This is AmeriKa!  Who needs a disclaimer!

Internet:  ehkinmonth at ucdavis.edu
           cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
BITNET:    ehkinmonth at ucdavis
UUCP:      {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!ehkinmonth
           {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!cck