Does anybody know anything about PMX/Term from AT&T?

Paul Homchick paul at cgh.UUCP
Sun Jun 26 05:25:41 AEST 1988

In article <1387 at lznv.ATT.COM> psc at lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes:

>I don't know of any AT&T products that let a PC running MS-DOS
>communicate with uucp on a UNIX system.  You could run PMX/PC on your
>UNIX system, and send mail to it from Access PLUS.  AT&T Mail *does*
>know uucp, so you also could run Access PLUS on your PC to call up the
>service, and go through a UNIX system that's registered with the
>service.

Gee, that's too bad, I was rather hoping that STARMAIL did this.  Maybe
I have finally found someone who can explain how all of these AT&T E-mail
products work.

We have a STARLAN network in our office with a 3B1 running as a DOS
server, and which also allows remote-login via terminal emulator
(EM-4410 or MSKERMIT) over the STARLAN network.  There are 5 AT&T
PC-63xx machines running MS DOS also connected to the LAN, and the
3B1 has a modem connection to usenet.

I recently purchased a 6386 WGS with Unix/386 which I wish to use to
provide the same services as the 3B1, i.e: DOS server, and unix logins
via STARLAN.  Additionally, I want to be able to send E-mail between the
DOS workstations, AND unix accounts, AND uucp to the outside world.  I
was hoping I could do all of this with the Version 3 DOS Server program
for Unix/386, and a copy of STARMAIL for Unix/386.  Is this a hopeless
pipe-dream?  Or, did all of the recent announcements include the software
needed for this operation.  Where can I get some solid info as to what
it is that PMX/Mail, STARMAIL, etc actually do?

--
Paul Homchick                     {allegra | rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.; One Radnor Station, Suite 300; Radnor, PA 19087