Bug in HDB uucp

Bob "Rush" Ames bob at rush.cts.com
Thu Jun 2 20:33:30 AEST 1988

In article <1897 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, richard at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk) writes:
> Another observation on the HDB bug(s):
>
> I've noticed that if I have a send-expect sequence in a Dialers entry
> that it always proceeds to the login sequence in the Systems file,
> regardless of whether the Dialers entry was successful.
>
> Without the send-expect it seems to work correctly.
>
> Richard

I've noticed this bug with the On Board Modem, but do not experience
this using external modems.  Is seems tha OBM responds as though the
connection was successful and carrier detected.  This only happens after
the connection attempt times out.  Try it manually with

$ /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -s<SYSTEM-NAME> -x5

Bob Ames

RRRR    U   U    SSS    H   H   UNIKS PC Support Center   619-432-6860
R   R   U   U   S   S   H   H
R   R   U   U   S       H   H     UUCP: {cbosgd, ucsd, nosc}!crash!rush!bob
RRRR    U   U    SSS    HHHHH     INET: bob at rush.cts.com
R R     U   U       S   H   H     Interstellar Freight Service:
R  R    U   U   S   S   H   H     "We're not afraid of Klingons!"
R   R   UUUUU    SSS    H   H     - Doug Miller '78