3B1: Considering buying, need info

Larry McVoy lm at arizona.edu
Tue Mar 15 03:12:43 AEST 1988

In article <192 at anumb.UUCP> eao at anumb.UUCP (e.a.olson) writes:
>>4. VM/paging? Does the MMU require memory to be physically contiguous?
>
>haven't the foggiest. it is some kind of vm though.

The MMU is custom work by Convergent.  It's basically 1024 TLB entries.  As
I understand it, 4Meg is the max you can put in the box so 1024*4096 == 4Meg
so they have a TLB entry for every page.  Makes lookup pretty easy and they
need no LRU alg to clean out entries since they never have contention.
--

Larry McVoy	lm at arizona.edu or ...!{uwvax,sun}!arizona.edu!lm