UNIXpc discontinued...

Craig Johnson vince at tc.fluke.COM
Sat Mar 12 03:51:11 AEST 1988

In article <373 at vsi.UUCP>, friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> I am virtually certain that I have seen a CT ad with the little
> guy in it.  This was somewhat after AT&T stopped pushing them,
> and I think it was model "S/50" or something; it clearly had the
> same footprint.  Anybody else seen this?  It would have been
> a year or so ago...

I have in front of me a 2-page Convergent Technologies ad from the May
'87 issue of Mini-Micro Systems magazine (pp. 30-31).  This is the last
ad I have seen from CT.  (How healthy is CT?)  The ad displays 6 models
of their "Workgroup Server Family".  With the exception of the S/50
(3B1), all of the others are 68020 based.  The S/50 is obviously the low
end model.  The S/50 is pictured with the User Agent windows displayed.
The description reads, "A 'personal' UNIX system that doubles as a server
for up to five users."

The end of the ad reads,

	Standards, enhancements, connectivity and a great
	VAR program.  To find out more about these areas
	of opportunity, call us today at 1-800-832-2255,
	ext. 296.  In Europe, ring 44-3444-11707.  Or write
	us: Convergent Technologies, 2700 North First Street,
	San Jose, CA 95150-6685, Mail Stop 10-015.

If someone happens to speak with CT, perhaps you can report back on
what you find out.

	Craig V. Johnson		...!fluke!vince
	John Fluke Mfg. Co.
	Everett, WA