Color Monitor for AT&T 6300+

Galen Hekhuis gjh at dale.acc.virginia.edu
Wed Mar 30 04:21:08 AEST 1988

The AT&T 6300+ (and the 6300) both use a 25khz signal for the monitor, and
a DB-25 connector.  While these have been characterized as 'strange'
and 'non-standard', they are fairly common.

The NEC Multisync can be used quite easily with the 6300 or 6300+, requiring
only a simple modification of the DB-25 connector to 9 pin connector.  If you
want a color monitor, get one that can do 25khz scan rate (multisync or single
scan rate) and do a simple cable modification (if necessary).

BTW, the mode bw80 command can force your monochrome monitor out of the
color emulation mode and into a black & white mode for some software (Norton
Utilities comes to mind) where the difference in shades of colors do not
provide enough contrast on the AT&T monochrome monitor.

If you need help converting a 9 pin to a 25 pin configuration, call or write
and I'll help.  As I am away from my phone a good deal, e-mail is probably
best.

--
"I just said I'd fix it.  I didn't say I knew how it worked."

Galen Hekhuis, UVa Medical Center                     gjh at virginia.BITNET
Box 449, Jordan MEB, Charlottesville, VA 22908             (804) 924-0172