Want to buy 2 MB memory board for UNIX PC

John Wilkes wilkes at mips.COM
Sat Mar 12 03:38:56 AEST 1988

In article <342 at manta.UUCP> brant at manta.UUCP (Brant Cheikes) writes:
> [talking about Piiceon memory boards]
>4. I was assured that the upgrades would be "very competitively
>priced" by TRC, whatever the heck that means.

I have spoken with both Rod Gilchrist of Piiceon and Ellis Goldberg of TRC.
Mr. Gilchrist quoted me a price of $800 for the board, and Mr. Goldberg
informed me that TRC would honor Piiceon's price.  TRC also has the ATT
"combo board" (2 serial ports + 512K, upgradable to 1.5M) for the same
price.

I noticed an ad in _UnixWorld_ (Feb. '88, pg. 83) for an outfit in Georgia
called Digital Data Systems which claimed that the 3B1's disk was
"expandable to 114MB".  Anyone know what they're talking about?  (I called
them and was not able to talk to anyone who knew anything.)

John Wilkes
--
-- @work:
--	  {decwrl,ames,pyramid,prls}!mips!wilkes
--	           wilkes at mips.com