mounting floppy volume

Tom Baas tom at lakesys.UUCP
Sun Mar 20 12:46:05 AEST 1988

> you may have a formatted diskette, but you don't have a Unix filesystem on it.
> If you format the diskette via the 'ua' menu, this will be done for you; else
> issue 'mkfs /dev/rfp021' for a 10-sector diskette, or
> 'mkfs /dev/rfp021 632:100' for an 8-sector diskette. (these are the default
> values from /usr/bin/Fformat.sh and /usr/bin/Fformat10.sh for 3.51)

> Of course, you may play with the inode values for 'mkfs' as feels good to
> you...

Thanks.  I tried it and sure enough.... it works.
What I had done before was to take a diskette that I had backed up onto
via the 'ua' backup.  I did it for a single user and It only used 1 diskette.
But I guess I can't now mount it on '/mnt'(or anywhere else for that matter)
Now, the question is ..WHY?

Thanks again.  I really appreciate your help.