Want to buy 2 MB memory board for UNIX PC

John Wilkes wilkes at mips.COM
Wed Mar 16 05:10:13 AEST 1988

In article <1538 at polyslo.UUCP> mpatnode at polyslo.UUCP (Mike Patnode) writes:

>I recently got TRC's catalogue and it lists the 2MB RAM expansion as
>$1,495.

That's their price for AT&T 2M boards, not Piiceon.  Their price for
Piiceon 2M boards is $800, I think.

>Other products include the following:
>	1. Dual rs232 ports		$395

They do not have any of these in stock, nor are they likely to in the
future, unless somebody starts producing them again.

>	2. Dual rs232 with 512k		$795

They do have these in stock, and if you have a DRAM source, you can plug on
an additional 1M for 1.5M total on the board.

>	6. 67MB upgrade for 7300	$3395

And I paid around $2300 for a 2M/67M 3B1 including 3.51 and development
set!  TRC themselves still have a few 3B1s in stock for considerably less
than $3395!

>I have no relationship what-so-ever with TRC.

Me, neither.  Other than a potential customer, that is.

John Wilkes
--
-- @work:
--	  {decwrl,ames,pyramid,prls}!mips!wilkes
--	           wilkes at mips.com