Use of CANCEL Icon?

sherlock at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu sherlock at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 14 08:14:00 AEST 1988

I'm trying to write an application for the 7300 that places a window on
the screen, draws graphics in the window, and then waits for the user to
hit the CANCEL icon on the window before closing.  Everything works fine
until the part about waiting for the CANCEL.  I try to intercept the
keyboard output using a read(w_id,&key,1) call, to detect the CANCL
escape sequence that is transmitted when the CANCEL icon is selected, but
to no avail.  The character 'W' is just echoed to the window!  Everything
is being done using ioctl's to the window driver.  Please, WHAT IS THE
PROPER WAY TO USE THE CANCEL ICON?

Thanks...

Tom Sherlock
University of Illinois Department of Physics

Arpanet: sherlock%uiucuxe at a.cs.uiuc.edu
Csnet:   sherlock%uiucuxe at uiuc.csnet
Bitnet:  sherlock at uiucuxe
Usenet:  {inhp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!uiucuxa!uiucuxe!sherlock
Phone:   (217) 333-0509