STORE! file format?

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Sat Sep 24 00:35:27 AEST 1988

> 	What is +IN format? On my Unix PC, it says cpio archive, but I
> 	really don't believe it. It is not tar, ar, ... either.

"+IN" files are UNIX PC installation files, meaning they are cpio
archives in a certain format.  You can do "cpio -itv <FOOBAR+IN" if you
don't believe me.  They're documented in the "AT&T UNIX PC Interface
Specification" Section 2 Chapter 5 (it's packaged with your
Programmer's Guide).

To install a "+IN" file, copy it to /usr/spool/uucppublic and select
"Install Software Sent By Electronic Mail" from the software
administration menu.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
-- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
-- riddle%woton.uucp at cs.utexas.edu  [LEAVING THE NET EFFECTIVE 88/09/30!]