how can i add more windows to a unix-pc?

David Herron -- One of the vertebrae david at ms.uky.edu
Sun Sep 25 01:03:51 AEST 1988

Yes you have to reboot to make a change in /etc/master take effect.
But I wouldn't be surprised if the driver didn't pay attention to the
parameter.

But have you ever had all your windows open?  Did you notice
how slooooow the system is when you do it?  Or maybe you have
a 2 meg+ machine and don't notice it?  (I only notice the slowness
when I have a copy of GNU Emacs running when I open all
the windows).
--
<-- David Herron; The official MMDF guy of the 1988 Olympics <david at ms.uky.edu>
<-- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET