3B2/300 vs 310

Brent Faulkner hjespersen at crocus.waterloo.edu
Fri Sep 30 05:33:29 AEST 1988

In article <8721 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> hjespersen at trillium.waterloo.edu (Hans Jespersen) writes:

>The biggest difference is the WE32100 CPU in the 310 is more powerful than
>the older WE32000 in the 3B2/300. Also, the 3B2/300 is no longer sold by AT&T
>but the 310 is. Support is the issue I'm driving at. I do believe that AT&T
>still supports the 300 but it is an important difference. Another important
>difference is the operating systems. The most current releases of UNIX for the
>that the lastest OS release for the 300 will not support SCSI peripherals.
>All in all, the 3B2/310 is a superior machine (big surprise eh) above and
>beyond the gain in clock speed.

I must apologize for this posting, as some of the information contained
within is incorrect. Apparently the most current release of UNIX for the
3B2 (3.2.X) WILL run on the 3B2/300. In addition, SCSI peripherals can
be supported on the 3B2/300. Sorry for any misconceptions that my posting
may have caused.

Hans Jespersen          UUCP : attcan!{uunet|utgpu}!watmath!trillium!hjespersen
University of Waterloo  USENET  : hjespersen at trillium.waterloo.edu
Waterloo, Ontario       VOICENET: (519)747-1721
                        MAILNET : 20 Dunbar St. N, Waterloo, Ont., N2L 2C7