3B2/300 vs 310

Dr. Emilio Lizardo tgr at picuxa.UUCP
Wed Sep 28 03:00:29 AEST 1988

In article <363 at occrsh.ATT.COM> rjd at occrsh.UUCP (Randy_Davis) writes:
:In article <159 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
:>
:>Briefly, what are the differences between the 3B2/300 and the 3B2/310?
:
:  The primary difference is the speed of the system board.  The model 300
:system runs around 8 MHz, and the model 310 runs around 10 MHz (I keep
:forgetting the exact numbers - it might even be 8 and 12 MHz).  There might
:be other, incidental, differences such as hard disk size and basic serial
:ports configuration.
:
:Randy

The 3B2/300 has a Western Electric WE32000 chip and no capability for
installing a Math Accelerator Unit (MAU).  The 3B2/310 uses the faster
WE32100 chip and does have the capability of installing a MAU.  I have
no idea whether the speeds cited above are correct.  Installed disks,
memory, and ports are usually available in several configurations
(package A, package B, etc).

--
Tom Gillespie  ( ...att!picuxa!tgr) | (attmail!tgillespie) (201) 952-1178
AT&T/EDS Product Integration Center  299 Jefferson Rd. Parsippany NJ 07054

"Don't take life so serious ... it ain't nohow permanent."  -- Walt Kelly