Is there any replacement for the FloppyTape drive on the 3B1?

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Wed Sep 21 21:33:24 AEST 1988

In article <688 at bacchus.UUCP> darren at bacchus.UUCP (Darren Friedlein) writes:
>In article <358 at gizzmo.UUCP> mark at gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:
>>In article <495 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>This could be asking the imposible, but I'm not sure what's involved
>in writing such a driver.  We sell several 1/2 ht floppy (DC600?) tape
>drives where I work (brand names: Archive and Mountain) and they come
>with nice documentation which should make deciphering the interface
>easier.
>
>What's the probability?

Very good, how about you GIVE me a drive and I'll write the driver? I have
written a couple other WD FDC drivers, so this should not be much different.
I also have a second machine dedicated to hardware developement. I have a
copy of the Reference manual in case there is weirdness connectting the drive.

John
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm at osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641; CP/M to MP/M, MS-DOS to OS/2