How to install a Miniscribe 3650 in AT&T 6300+

Irving Moy musashi at chinet.UUCP
Thu Sep 22 13:49:00 AEST 1988

Hello net-landers!!!

	Many months ago, I asked how to install a Miniscribe 3650 50MB
hard drive in an AT&T 6300+.  I received many responses and they basically
offered two solutions to my problem:

	1) Set the jumpers on the disk controller to accomodate the
	   Miniscribe drive.

	2) Use a program such as Disk Manager or Speedstore to install
	   the drive by "fooling" the BIOS.

	I couldn't find out how to set the jumpers on the controller
so solution #1 wasn't feasible.  I purchased Disk Manager from OnTrack
Computer Systems Inc. for $99.95 and it WORKED.  The Miniscribe 3650 is
now happily residing in the AT&T 6300+.  End of story.

	Thanks again to all who responded to my query.  I replied to
all the e-mail I received so if you sent mail & didn't get a response,
hey, it's not my fault!!!

				Irv Moy
				UUCP: ..!chinet!musashi
				Internet: musashi at chinet.uucp
DISCLAIMER: "If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous."